Monday, October 19, 2015

A Doll's House  | Henrik Ibsen
"a work of literary merit" is how well written a book is. For example, all the books that are in our list that have appeared on the AP exams. They are books that have been read by professional individuals that know exactly what makes a book incredible. Although, some of these books may be extremely difficult to read and understand, they are considered a "masterpiece". I am stuck in the middle when it comes to my book. I read a play by Henrik Ibsen, called A Doll's House, The Wild Duck, The Lady From The Sea. I really did enjoy reading A Doll's House. It is very empowering for women during that era which were supposed to be "house wives". I am not sure if we are supposed to spoil the book but when Nora decided to stop being "a doll" it made me kind of sad. Like I said, it is empowering but at the same time to just leave your children. I got teary eyed so in that way I do think it was amazing. However, The Wild Duck was so confusing to me. What I did love about this was how the duck represented Hedvig. I thought it was so meaningful and clever. Although it was a sad ending ,it was very beautiful. The Lady in The Sea was alright. I do think that all three were written very well but some parts did confuse me. Overall, great plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment